- Wine Club
- SUNSTONE Gift Cards
- Oils & Vinegars
GRAPE BLEND & SOURCE
100% Sauvignon Blanc
Refugio Ranch Vineyard
4 months in 57% Stainless Steel and 43% neutral American oak
Aromatically inviting, with a complex nose of lemon gelato, starfruit and honeydew mixed with spicy notes of white pepper and coriander and sweet baked character reminiscent of vanilla cupcakes. Citrus notes like lemon and kaffir limes meet with mineral character and wet stone on the palate, with layered textures that lead to a refreshing, lingering finish.
Grapes for our 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve were harvested from Refugio Ranch, both East and Westside. Our blend of each side of the vineyard was 57% east and 43% west side. The soil, minerals, sun, climate are slightly different, and both add a great acidity and fruit balance.
The grapes were hand harvested, whole cluster pressed, fermented and 57% of the wine were aged in a stainless tank and the other 43% was fermented in neutral American oak for four months, which added a light oak tannin texture to caramelize the finish. Just 117 cases were bottled.
This Reserve Sauvignon Blanc has light spicy notes of white pepper that will complement the various flavors and spices in Thai dishes such as Thai Basil Salmon Curry. This wines generous tropical flavors also give it a kick that make it a nice match for dishes with garlic or herbs. We recommend trying it with slow-cooked Herbed Chicken and Rice with a Lemon – Garlic Glaze.
The 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve can be enjoyed now and for the next 12-18 months. It is not a candidate for long term aging.
Brittany Rice, Dir. of Winemaking
Jon Flores, Assistant Winemaker
Jose Gomez, Cellar Master
Guadalupe Chavez, Assistant Cellar Master